Having moved from Vegas to Mass and teaching the same grade level, I am amazed about how different the day-to-day schedules are!
It got me thinking...
How long is your school day? How long do you have for each subject? Do you have a Social Studies or Science block? Do you get time for planning or PD each week?
I am NOSY!
The beginning of my school year was crazy-hectic so many of you may have already shared your schedules, but if you want to share them again and make my stalking life a bit easier, LINK UP!
I would love to see what your school day looks like!
Grab the button:
This is what my week looks like:
Does my schedule look similar to yours?! Or are we wayyyy off??
**Some answered questions:**
- Our morning meeting is with the kids each day.
- We have duty free lunch for 45 minutes each day except Friday which is 30 minutes
-So far this year, we have had PD about half the time and planning with our team the other half on Fridays - it is awesome. Yesterday, our principal let us leave at 1230 as a reward for our extra time! However, I think those days will be few and far between.
-We also have planning while the students are at specials for an hour and 5 minutes
-Our scheduled time in each morning is 7:29 - it is an early start so we just have to be there to pick up the kids! Our time to leave is right after the kids leave.
-I do not get to choose my own schedule. This is the schedule of the entire 1st grade team which was given to us by our principal!
- I have a full time para - GASP! Yeah... with me.... all day long... I am VERY lucky!
- My kids' specials change each day and we have: Library, Music, P.E., Dance, Art, & Safe/Caring (a class all about being kind friends!)
- When my students go to enrichment on Fridays it is an afternoon full of music, arts, literacy and nutrition! Currently my students practice dance, boxing, and they are learning about the composer, Carl Orff. Next week they will start a new 6 week rotation and learn all about Futsol, Storytelling, and Health/Nutrition. Some classes are sponsored and taught by the instructors who sponsor them while other classes during that time are taught by our specialists and volunteers.
Anything else? Feel free to ask!
Labels: linky party, schedule