Dr. Seuss Subtraction Freebie!

Have you heard?! It's Dr. Seuss' birthday and we celebrated all day! I wanted to share a few Dr. Seuss activities to use during Read Across America week.


I snagged all these Dr. Seuss books at Target and we will be reading them alllllll week! My littles were begging to get their hands on some Dr. Seuss books. Today we just explored and read them independently. Tomorrow we will read them with a partner to practice our fluency and reading with expression :)

In math, we have been studying subtraction within 20, so I thought I would make a quick little fish game to go with One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish:
Students just pick two fish cards from the pile and put the larger number of fish in the bowl. They then subtract the smaller number and complete the number sentence. Erase, re-pick, repeat! It was an easy center to help my students use some manipulatives and practice subtracting. I just wish I had some cute fish manipulatives! Maybe next year.

You can click the picture to snag that center if it works for your kids!

Happy Read Across America week :)

Pin it:

Labels: , ,