Phonics Fun in 1st Grade!

We have been hit by a snowstorm here on the east coast! A good ole 26 inches of snow hit us here in Salem, which meant that it was Theo's first real snowfall!

He was already apprehensive...

and... he was not a fan! He didn't cry... but just sat in the snow with that face for a minute or two lol

While we have been snowed in for the past two days, I thought I would re-do some of my oldest units for some updated phonics fun!

Cover Up game for digraphs! My digraph unit has games, centers, search and find printables for all the following digraphs:


Read and Draw! My long vowels unit has short stories, sorts, and plenty of small group games for all 5 long vowels and their different spelling patterns.
Click above to see more closely what is in the unit!

BINGO! What's more fun that some ole' fashioned bingo! I made game boards for short vowels. long vowels, and blends/digraphs. I love using these on "fun Friday" or during centers. The best part is, students can play themselves without me.

and lastly, I updated my consonant blends unit:


My blends unit also has games, printables, and short stories for students to decode and find s blends, r blends, and l blends.

If you already own any of these or my word work bundle which includes all these units - please go to "my purchases" and re-download.

Pin it:

Labels: , ,