Mo Willems - An Author Study with Pigeon, Elephant & Piggie, and Knuffle Bunny!

Do you LOVE Pigeon?! Do your kids LOVE Pigeon?!

I cannot get enough of that silly pigeon and my kids agree. He is a read-aloud favorite and my kids begggg for me to read a pigeon book at least once a day! 

I'm not a pigeon-only type of gal either. I think all three Knuffle Bunny books are just amazing for students in so many ways.... and those Elephant and Piggie books?! They are also class favorites.


Basically, I love Mo Willems. My class loves Mo Willems. and I think he is a literary genius! All this being said, my 1st grade team and I are finishing up our year with a few author studies. I knew my kids would SO enjoy studying Mo Willems and all his fantastic books, so I wanted to get started on this unit right away!

If you can't already tell... I am SO excited about this unit :)

I made a better preview so you can actually SEE some of the pages and types of activities in the unit... if you want to check that out... click HERE!

Here are some examples of activities included:


 Letters to write to Mo Willems!

Making inferences, comprehension questions, text-to-self connections and more with Elephant and Piggie! 

 Character changes over time, making predictions, looking at dialogue and more with all three Knuffle Bunny books!

Adjectives, text-dependent questions, opinion prompts, vocabulary and more with Pigeon!


A fun, creative writing activity looking at the unique photographs/illustrations in the Knuffle Bunny books!

Click on any of the images above to get a closer look :)

Pin it:

Labels: , , , , , , ,