A few weeks ago a representative contacted me about trying out some materials from FlashKids and I was excited to jump at the opportunity! When we left Las Vegas and traveled to Massachusetts, I had to leave most of my teacher materials behind. This was a perfect time to stock up on some new goods for the classroom.
I searched through their website and chose three 1st grade practice books for skills that I always need help supplementing:
I am always on the lookout for some resources to help my students practice the skills we learn throughout the year and these three books are spot on.
Here is a closer look at what I bought and the descriptions directly from their website website:
Reading Skills for Grade 1
Interesting reading passages correspond with varied activities, making reading comprehension fun. Matching activities, multiple choices questions, and other comprehension strategies are used to help readers gain essential comprehension skills.
Spelling Skills for Grade 1
Spelling Workbooks are designed to help students improve their ability to read and write by strengthening spelling skills. By learning key spelling techniques, young readers will benefit inside and outside the classroom. Each of the lessons in these fun, colorful books provide:
- Activities to teach readers to relate to sounds to spelling patterns
- Exercises to help children link spelling to meaning
- Unit reviews to test and reinforce what children have learned
- Short passages to proofread for misspelled words
- Rules for capitalization and punctuation
- Introduction to dictionary use
Math can be a difficult subject for young learners, but a little extra practice at home can go a long way in the classroom. Flash Forward Math workbooks provide educational activities with a fun, colorful flair that your child will love. And since each book is based on national teaching standards, you’re helping your child get prepared to succeed in school.
Each Flash Forward Math workbook contains:
- Cute, eye-catching illustrations that make learning fun
- Fun, engaging activities to keep kids interested in learning
- Drill pages to give kids extra practice in key skills
- Word problems that help young learners think about math in a new way
- Perforations to make removing pages easy
Now, it's your turn to have some fun! All you have to do is leave a comment below saying which subject you need more resources for: Reading, Spelling, or Math! I will pick a winner Wednesday night and you will receive your own, free copy of the book!