Ice Cream Social!

School is out for summer!!

My last day was Thursday and even though I sobbed for a good hour when my kids left, I am so excited to be on summer break!

I have NOTHING to do all summer which is an extremely relaxing thought.

I can laze by the pool...go to the all my books...

 are you jealous yet?!?

But really, I know my personality and I just cannot sit still for more than a hot minute.

So my teacher-brain has already been back to work and I just finished creating my fun back-to-school packet!

During the first week of school, when it is still HOT, and our brains are still in summer mode, I like to have a little ice cream social with my kids.

I bring in some ice cream and we enjoy it and complete some fun ice breakers. I made a bunch of literacy and math activities to go along with this little ice cream theme for the beginning of the year!

Here is a little preview of my packet:
 and it is currently for sale in my TpT store!

For everyone still in school - you can do it!!!
Now I am trying to get it in my little teacher brain that I can stay up late tonight!!




  1. Congrats on your summer break. Enjoy!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

  2. I love the look of your blog...and wow, you are mighty talented!

    Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm happy to be visiting yours!!!

    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

  3. Isn't it nice to have a Sunday night knowing you don't have to go anywhere tomorrow morning? I can hardly wait to sit and drink a cup a coffee without rushing through it! Your Back to School packet looks great...I'll have to check it out!

    Owl Things First

  4. Yeah! We made it! Your ice cream social packet looks great! Hope you have a great summer. :)

    Mrs. Lattin's Kindergarten

  5. Hi! I just found your blog. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you visit my blog.


  6. I would love to have that unit...and the "on sale" makes it even more tempting! Seriously, it looks so fun, yet practical. When I get back from vaca, that may be first on my ever-increasing to-do list (if I have any money left, HA!) Enjoy your break:)

  7. My kids would love me to bring in ice cream, but our district is food crazy. We aren't allowed to do any activities with food. (Like, no graphing m&m's or skittles, etc.) However, every single kid can bring in ridiculous cupcakes for their birthday. Why?! I don't know!

    Rowdy in First Grade

  8. What an awesome project! I shared it with a bunch of my coworkers. I'm posting a giveaway in the soon, make sure you follow my site so you can enter!



Back to Top