Building Stamina Posters! D5: Chapter 2



 I am linking up with Mrs. Saoud over at Primary Graffiti  and Teaching it with Style for Chapter 2 of our Daily 5 book study!!

Go on over and link up - she has some awesome freebies :)

Hands down, my favorite part of chapter 2 is the idea of building STAMINA!

By the end of the year I know my first graders as smart, independent, ready-for-2nd grade geniuses!! It is easy to forget how they came into first grade... wide-eyed, eager, impatient, antsy, can't do anything for more than a minute without losing focus...They need to build stamina!
Duh, Susan, duh!

I often fall into the category of the teacher who models something once or twice and then expects my students to do it perfectly from then on out. Helllooooo [I hear myself saying] didn't I show you how to do this already?!?!!? I am excited to teach building stamina to my students and I will certainly use the analogy of an athlete. 
My students will learn that they working on their "reading muscles" as they practice, practice, practice building their stamina.

I made these cute little poster fors next year:


Click on them to head over to TpT to download for free!

See ya next time!
Susan

Labels: ,