Narratives & a FREEBIE!

Soo... as the year comes to an end I am in the process of identifying what struggles I had as a teacher and how I can fix them for next year!

One was very easy to identify... writing narratives.

My students became PROS at writing constructed responses, opinion pieces, and non-fiction books... but when it came to writing a personal narrative, yikes they... I... WE failed!

Around February of this year I started making a packet that has a lot more guidance and structure to teaching narratives. I tried it out last month, made a few changes, and their narratives came out WAY better and WAY cuter! I am very excited to post my new packet on TpT:

Click on the picture to go to my TpT store & check it out!

If you pick it up for next year, please let me know what you think! I am ALWAYS open to suggestions to better my teaching :)

And as my title mentioned... a FREEBIE!!

This week my kiddos are reviewing contractions, and I don't know about you, but my kids are obsessed with any BUMP game so I thought I would make one for contractions.

Go ahead and click on any of the pics to download!

Happy Sunday!



  1. Thanks for the freebie! Everything looks so cute!

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog is Having a Giveaway!!
    My TpT Store

  2. Thanks for your interest in the Meet Someone New Sunday!

    I sent you an email

    Thanks for visiting my blog

    I am now following you

    Shuna P
    Pocket Full of Kinders

  3. I love your personal narrative unit & pinned it for next year. Thanks for the cute contractions freebie!

    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    1. Thanks Lisa! I hope you and your kids enjoy them :)

  4. I awarded you the One Lovely Blog award! Check out my blog for details!
    :) Dana
    Fun in First Grade

  5. If we get a chance to play your bump game I'll let you know how it goes. :o)

  6. I'm your newest follower! Thank you for the bump game... I hope there is time this year to play it. We only have nine more days!!

    Owl Things First


Back to Top