The first of many...

Being that this is my 1st blog post (technically 2nd) here is a little bit about me:

My name is Susan Moran and I am originally from Salem, MA. I moved to Las Vegas about a year and a half ago with my boyfriend (now fiance!) and we love it here. The weather is amazing, the city is open and running 24 hours a day, and there is ALWAYS something new and exciting to do only a few minutes away!

When I moved here, the school district was not hiring so I got a job as a fitting room attendant at Nordstrom Rack. While the discount was certainly useful, I knew I wanted to be begin my teaching career ASAP! In October,  I got a call from an elementary school here in Vegas and went in for my very first teaching interview - Eek! That day was a blur. I remember trying to find the perfect outfit, researching everything I could about the school, and scouring through old college papers and portfolios to decide what to bring to my interview. The whole day was worth it when I found out I got the job to teach 1st grade and I would be starting in a month!

I was so lucky that day and I still consider myself lucky to be working at an amazing school, with an amazing staff, and the MOST amazing kiddos! You will hear more about them as I continue to post on my blog. For now, this is what I have for you:


Spring math games!


The weather in Vegas is officially in the mid 70s, my third trimester is starting on Monday, and there are only 12 more weeks of school left!! Yes... I have already started a summer countdown...

With third trimester starting, I looked at our Common Core standards and created some cute math games and centers. They are selling on TpT for $3!

Have a great day :)

Susan

Labels: , , ,